Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baby Wilson: 24 Weeks



How far along? 24 weeks
Baby’s size/development this week: weighs between 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and measures about 10.5 to 11.8 inches long; about the size of a cantaloupe
Maternity clothes: wearing them? Yes. I just purchased some new bras over the weekend. Golly, is it inappropriate if I say that I’m getting scared of how large the girls are getting?
Miss anything? Sleeping on my back
Food cravings? If you follow me on Twitter, you would know that I had an incident with a donut on Friday. I had walked into my favorite bakery and requested my favorite donut, like I had done many times before. Much to my dismay, I was told that they no longer make my favorite donut. It had been discontinued. So, I walked out the door, extremely disappointed and started crying. Um, yes. I cried over a donut. Naturally, I took to Twitter and asked my followers where I could find a donut place in the Loop to fulfill my craving. I ate a delicious donut and all was right with the world.
Anything making you queasy or sick? The same old Starbucks coffee and cigarette smoke. Nothing new here.
Sleep: Baby has been kicking like crazy at night right before bed which has added some additional time needed for me to fall asleep. I might need to start going to bed earlier to account for this extra time.
Best moment of the week: I got a little sneak peak ultrasound and Baby is looking good. :)
Nursery: I got lots done this weekend! The nursery closet is officially cleared of all my stuff. I also moved around some other things. There is still a ton of stuff on the floor but not as much stuff as last week. :)
Wedding rings on or off? on
Movement? I've been feeling all sorts of crazy movement. Somersaults, body slams, elbow jams. It is pretty amazing. It is completely indescribable.
Weird pregnancy thing of the week: The skin dryness is still a thing. My husband says “How can your skin be dry? It is sooo humid out.” Um, because I’m pregnant apparently. But if that is honestly the worst symptom I’m feeling, there are plenty of worse things.
Daddy is feeling: pretty excited to feel the kicks and rolls too.
Mommy is feeling: excited and happy. All the registry stuff is done. The baby is moving around constantly. I’m doing my best to try and enjoy pregnancy without worrying too much (although that is much easier said than done).
Workouts this week: Other than my usual walking, none. I took it easy this week because I think I pushed it too hard last week. I have plans to hit the elliptical at some point this week so we’ll see how that pans out.
Looking forward to: the Ragnar Relay this weekend! I’ll be driving my pals from Madison to Chicago. They run and I drive and cheer. I’m very much looking forward to it and will have a post about it later this week.

14 comments:

  1. My friend who just had her baby a couple weeks ago said she grew a full band and cup size so... the girls will probably never be the same. Have you found anything to help the dryness yet? Vaseline recently put out a spray-on moisturizer that absorbs instantly, if you're looking for something else to try. I invested in the aloe one for sunburn season :)


    To be honest, if I really needed that donut, I may have cried too. I mean, I've cried over less. I'm glad you were able to find a replacement. But how random that they stopped making yours anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good to know about your friend. I'm already up a band size and up 2 cup sizes and I still have a ways to go! I'm hoping that I'm able to still wear some of my nice sports bras I bought last year afterwards...


    I did get a sample of Aquaphor and I put some on last night before bed. That seemed to help with the dryness today. (Of course I just realized I forgot to pack lotion for Ragnar...) That spray-on moisturizer sounds interesting. I will have to give it a try! With my pastey white skin, I always have some aloe on hand in the fridge for the summer. (The husband even has an aloe plant so we can get the aloe straight from the source if necessary.)


    Haha, glad to know I'm not crazy over the donut thing. It was an old fashioned donut that they stopped making. Old fashioned! How could they! Now I am on the hunt for another local bakery that still makes them. (Dunkin Donuts' Old Fashioned are just not that good.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather BarnsteinJune 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

    Congrats on 24 weeks - great milestone! I'm coutning the days til next Friday when I can say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the dry skin, cash in on this! my wife would have the aveeno ready every night for me to give her at least a foot rub!


    Have fun at the Relay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip! Oooh, I'll have to try and cash in on some good massages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! How exciting that we are a week apart! I love these weekly posts. I think I'll enjoy looking back at them the farther along I get (and after Baby arrives)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather BarnsteinJune 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM

    The weekly posts are great - I did them with my first kiddo. This time around I haven't had as much time so I've been contenting myself with weekly FB posts, but it's just not the same! Definitely document what you can - it may not feel like it but it goes fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine were double-Z's after the baby was born. And now they're like negative A's. #RIPboobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, thanks! They were comfortable in the sports bras that I wore all weekend long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle @ Crazy Running LegsJune 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

    You look so cute!! You are definitely in the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy. Oh, how I (kind of) miss it! (really I just miss feeling the movement - it's so amazing!!)


    If you think the girls are big now -- just wait until your milk comes in (but like others - once I stop nursing they are about 2 sizes smaller than normal - boo!).


    I can't believe you are getting so close to the 3rd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I've heard tales of the girls losing size, with interest. Interested to see how things end up! Lol.


    I'm very excited to be starting the third trimester. We are just that much closer to Baby's arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete