Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Baby Wilson: 17 Weeks

I'm very saddened by the events that took place in Boston yesterday. I can't help but tear up thinking of my own family waiting at the finish line as I finished my first marathon. It was a tragic day. I hope everyone has connected with their family and friends that were in Boston yesterday, and I pray for those that have not.  The Chicago Running Bloggers are working on putting on an event to help the victims of the violent acts that took place yesterday. I will post more when I have more information.

Time for this week's Baby Wilson Update! :)

How far along? 17 weeks
Baby’s size/development this week: approx 5 ounces and 5 inches long; about the size of a turnip
Maternity clothes: wearing them? Yes. I got bought some more summer things at Old Navy over the weekend, including a few little onesies for Baby. I couldn’t pass it up! :)
Miss anything? Sushi, I just might have to get some non-raw stuff this week!
Food cravings? I’m still loving bacon egg and cheese biscuits. I just might have to get some real bacon so I can make some more this week. Yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Some cologne has really got my wanting to hold my nose.
Sleep: I forgot to buy a body pillow this weekend, but I have gotten some better sleep this weekend compared to others. Laying on my back is pretty much a non-option at this point so I either sleep on my side or don’t sleep.
Best moment of the week: Hearing baby’s heartbeat again! There really is no sweeter sound!
Nursery: Meh, no progress this week. That’s okay, we got some time.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Movement? I’m pretty sure I felt my first flutter last week, and felt another one over the weekend. We’ll see though as I should probably start to feel something in the next week or so.
Weird pregnancy thing of the week: I’m just hungry all the time. I’m trying my best not to count my calories, listen to my body, and just make sure I fit in a balance in some way!
Daddy is feeling: Not nearly as nervous as mom.
Mommy is feeling: Much more confident after hearing the heartbeat. I feel like I’m actually starting to show a little bit. I feel pregnant; it is nice to know that I’m starting to look the part. Lol.
Workouts this week: I ran a 5k with Pepper but didn’t do much cross training. I was pretty sore from the Shamrock Shuffle so I gave my body a rest. I think I’m going to keep the running to just 2 days a week.
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound in 2 weeks!!!

8 comments:

  1. i love these updates. you are seriously the cutest lil mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I really enjoy reading these updates about bebe W. :) this post is refreshing to read considering everything else being posted right now. Will you find out the gender at your next ultrasound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I was torn whether or not to post today but I decided to go ahead.



    We are not finding out the gender of Baby Wilson until birth... we are planning lots of neutral things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britt @ Chicago Runner GirlApril 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

    Ah so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm hungry all the time" ... so ... what's my excuse? =P

    ReplyDelete