Monday, December 3, 2012

Thank You!

Thank you for the support over the past few days/weeks/months as I have been studying for the big exam and haven't been around much. Special thanks to all my guest posters (Amy, Andrea, PauletteLisaMaggie, Amanda, and Nicole) that made things easier on me when I didn't have the time or energy to post. I'm happy to be back with the living in more ways than one.

Things on the running front have not been what they once were. I've been running a dismal 2 days a week for the past month. I knew this would happen, and I think my legs were happy for the break. I have a big 2013 planned, so I'm ready to start tuning things up again in December. I was happy I was able to at least get in a few miles here and there to help relieve some of the stress and anxiety along the way.

I am signed up for the Jingle Bell 5k in Kankakee next weekend. A huge group from our running club is going to be there and I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone! I know I'm not going to PR so I offered to try and help my friend Amanda to a PR. We will see what the day brings, but I think she can do it. :) We all plan on wearing wacky Christmas sweaters and sparkle skirts to the race. I'm no stranger to wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, while running or in public.

What is the goofiest outfit you've ever worn to a race or group fun run?

14 comments:

  1. Yay, you finished!

    My brother and I wore matching headbands and sparkly glasses in a race one time. That was as crazy as I've ever gotten. Need to up the ante on that one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt @ Chicago Runner GirlDecember 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM

    you'll most likely be very rested now and hopefully injury free for quite some time with the rest! ease back into it slowly so that you can crush it at the f3, and maybe at that spring mary if you're still up for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Britt! I think easing into it is the important thing I have to remember. :) I have still kept some fitness, just the distance and speed have dropped off a bit. I know I can get back to a comfortable spot with time to PR my half, no prob. :)

    And I still have that Spring Mary on the brain....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You totally need to up the ante. Wink wink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being done! Whew. I signed up for the f^3 half yesterday. I don't think I've ever worn any goofy outfit to a run. I guess that is something on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy youre done with your exam! Time to celebrate!!! Wahoo! :)

    I love your festive outfit above. Goofiest outfit was probably the hula girl complete with grass skirt and coconut bra for a muddy buddy...

    And I just saw below- spring Mary?!! Which one? Ive got spring marathon on the brain, but not sure which one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! You are going to have so much fun at the race! Go Pacer Kelly!

    I wore a pumpkin costume to a race in 2010 that was on Halloween. Would you believe I was the ONLY ONE in costume?!

    Congrats on getting through the test!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! You are going to have so much fun at the race! Go Pacer Kelly!

    I wore a pumpkin costume to a race in 2010 that was on Halloween. Would you believe I was the ONLY ONE in costume?!

    Congrats on getting through the test!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, thanks! I'm ("secretly") thinking about the Illinois Marathon in April.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I know a couple area bloggers are doing it so we'll be planning a meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kim! I cannot believe you were the only one dressed up. What kind of Halloween run is that?? Laaaame!!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Enjoy being back to "normal" life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo congratulations on completing the exam at last!! There's nothing like a life-consuming exam/event to make you appreciate free time even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for exams being over!!!

    ReplyDelete