Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Clothes that Talk About Running

Continuing with my plan, yesterday called for 3 easy miles. I wanted to get them done on my lunch break so I hit the treadmill. Once I got started, I remembered how much I haaaate the treadmill. I was incredibly bored before the first 1/2 mile but ended up completing my 3 easy miles at 9:40 pace. I'm glad the weather is getting nicer so I'll be able to run outside on my lunch break again soon. (I don't like lugging lots of layers of clothing in a bulky gym bag if I don't have to.)
Part of my office building's gym


Part way through my workout, I noticed a guy out of the corner of my eye that kept staring. He went over to one of the treadmills (there are only 4) and started doing these "stretches" so he was staring right at me while stretching. Then he kept walking back and forth behind me, and I could see his stares in the mirror. I was very happy to be out of there as this guy was majorly giving me the creeps. One of my coworkers was working out on an elliptical behind me so she saw all of this too (so I know I'm not crazy).

Tonight's workout calls for some interval miles at 10k pace. Based on last week's tempo attempt, I'm looking forward to another speed session. Now if only I can remember how to change average pace to current pace on my Garmin... And thanks for all your hat recommendations. I'm hoping to find what I'm looking for soon!! I always seem to forget about Running Warehouse. What a great site!! In fact, I just ordered this shirt and can't wait to wear it... all. the. time.

16 comments:

  1. Love the shirt Kelly! I hate ordering things online though so I really don't. I'm in desparate need of new workout/running clothes!

    I need to figure out how to change that on my watch too. Mine is the 305. And what's it better for me to do, do you think? Run the marathon on average pace or current pace? I want to try to stick with 10:30's like you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get sweaty when you run on lunch? My body I'm not so concerned about. It's my hair. What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you show both average and current pace? I know my watch can't, not sure if yours can! If you can only chose one, average pace will be better because you'll have a better idea of what your current and end target is. If you're at an average of 10:53 pace at mile 23, you know you're on track for a 4:45 finish. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gym has a full locker room with showers with and adjustable shower head so I'm able to wash up before heading back to the office. I usually put my bangs up and put my hair in a ponytail for the 2nd half of the day (and will try to take a lunch around 2pm or 3pm on days when I plan on working out).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point on putting both on there. I'm not sure how but I think I can. I need to learn more about that stupid thing! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treadmills are the worst - even with a TV or with music, they are so boring. Sorry to hear about the creepy guy who was staring at you. Shudder! Hopefully you won't see him in the gym or in the building ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute shirt!

    Thank goodness you weren't alone in the gym! If I was alone and some dude was acting like that I don't know what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm hoping that was the last time I see that weirdo!! The guy was also dropping the weights really loudly after each set. He was overall, pretty obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shirt is so adorable! I love it!

    I wonder if that guy thought he recognized you and was trying to figure out who you are. Or maybe he is a huge creep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How creepy!!! Although, I bet it made your run go faster watching the creeping. Bright side?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was at Running Warehouse on clearance, but they only had it available in size S and XS. The Oiselle website might have it available though? P.S. Oiselle is my new favorite brand of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm interesting devil's advocate perspective... Let's hope that's what it was... :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! I can't wait to wear it. Our building gym has been very crowded these days so I'm never the only person there. Thankfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know my feelings on going to the work gym.....LAST RESORT. UGH! Great job getting it done.

    ReplyDelete