Friday, March 16, 2012

Thursday Night Lights

Today is Friday. In the words of Ned Stark, "Thank Gods." Have you signed up for my Road ID raffle yet? Only $3 donation per entry!

Last night I met up with the FNRC for our typical Thursday night group run. There were some new folks that came out so that is always exciting! It was quite warm which has been the theme here in Chicago this week. I guess I'm just not used to the temp yet for running as others didn't think it was as warm as I did. But I think we need to talk about how LIGHT out it is at 6:30?!
L to R: Don, Tarra, Kate, Wayne, Melissa, Cathie, and Maggie
I took the photo this time around so I'm not in it.
You've seen photos from our other Thursday night runs. It was amazing to be able to actually enjoy the sun after 5pm on a weeknight. :)

I went out for 5 miles and ran with Maggie and Wayne joined us at the half way point. I didn't realize it at the time but I was pushing the pace on the way back. Mentally I guess I just wanted to be done so I ran to the end faster.

Today is a busy day and I'm leaving work at around lunch time. I'm meeting my cousin's maid of honor (Ashley) to talk about all things bachelorette party, which we will be attending in Nashville from May 17-20. I know it will be a fun trip and I'm really looming forward to it. Ashley works at a hotel in the South Loop, conveniently the same location as the Chicago Get Lucky Half Marathon/21k/7k packet pickup! I get to enjoy lunch while planning with Ashley, and enjoy the expo before heading home early. Yay for Friday! I know I keep talking about this half marathon... but I am just ready for it to be here! The anticipation is killing me! :)

Since I'm running on Sunday, I'm taking tomorrow off. It will be weird to not have to get up early on a Saturday. My husband and I are going to start "spring cleaning" tomorrow so that should be fun. Hopefully I'll still get to sleep in a little. :) Have you started your spring cleaning plans yet?

6 comments:

  1. I personally LOVE that the sun is up until 7!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The weather was hot but I still finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun being out so late is crazy! I am running tonight when I get home. It will be weird to run in the daylight.

    Ugh. Spring cleaning. Don't even want to think about it. My house is a DISASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I'm excited about it! I worked late a lot last week so I didn't get to enjoy the daylight savings as much. This week, I'm taking advantage! :)

    We did a little bit of spring cleaning, but not as deep of a clean as we wanted. We had people over on Saturday night so it was worth it in the end. We realized that we need to entertain more, therefore giving us reasons to clean more often. Haha.

    ReplyDelete