Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Happy New Year to all of you! Its day 3 of the new year... Have you been working on your resolutions yet? :)

On January 1, I was quite possibly the laziest person on the planet. I did absolutely nothing productive all day. It was amazing.

Yesterday, however, it was back to work. I met up with my friend Kate LF at Charter Fitness as she can workout at my gym with me for free anytime. She had brought an issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine with her so we decided to do the circuit workout listed that focused on the upper body. We started out with 12 reps of each of the 7 exercises. After each circuit, we did 5 minutes on the elliptical, and at the start of each circuit, we took the weight up a notch (and decreased the number of reps). I felt fantastic afterwards (and am really sore today). It was great for me to mentally get over the "I can't do more than 20 lbs on the machine" hurdle. Before the end of the day, I had lifted 45 lbs all by myself (yes, I lifted just the bar). I felt far less wimpy than in earlier workouts. I plan on doing this workout again next Monday!

After this workout, I did some grocery shopping at Super Target before heading home to do some laundry. Does anyone else have problems getting the sweat smell out of their clothes? We don't buy Procter and Gamble so we can't use Tide, Wisk, or Gain. I've been using All but I feel it isn't doing the trick and my clothes still smell like sweat even after they've been washed, twice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, since it was Monday and I was around, I headed to RFK for their weekly Monday fun runs. There was a pretty big group of us, and I was able to run with Kate S and Pepper! The dog had a much harder time adjusting to our pace, and we had a rough 1st mile. We finally got our rhythm; it just took a little longer than usual. In the end, we finished 5 miles in 44:01 (average pace 8:47). Now, my tracking of 2012 miles on Daily Mile has officially begun. I'm excited for the year to come! :)


RFK Running Group Where's Waldo. Can you see me?

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I have to show this photo to my husband. Yes I'm a nerd in my reflective gear, but I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a peek at your upcoming races... the warrior dash is 6/17? I may actually get to do this one! It seems that every one I've wanted to do in the area between IL and MO is on a date that doesn't work for me. Maybe this is the year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really fun race! The race is on both 6/16 and 6/17. I'm doing the race on 6/17 this year, Sunday at 9am, with a bunch of my friends and this will be my husband's first race ever! Let me know if you end up doing it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a difficult time getting the sweat smell out of my clothes. So annoying! If you figure out a solution to this problem, make sure to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my new running friends suggested Arm & Hammer. I'm going to give it a try and I will post about it! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Lol

    ReplyDelete