Friday, January 13, 2012

Cupcake Fridays

First things first, have you voted for Amanda yet? Voting closes on Monday! Please do so!!

On Wednesday I attempted to do the circuit workout that I did with Kate LF last week. She read about it in Muscle & Fitness magazine and I think it is a really great workout. It helped/helps me to push through some of those mental barriers of what I am capable to do when it comes to lifting weights. My friend Kate made me a copy of the article and I will try my best to explain the exercises once I know the right terminology to use, haha. It calls for 4 circuits but since I spent about 10 minutes walking around the office fitness center trying to figure out what equipment is the equivalent, I was only able to squeeze in 3 circuits (and the 4th is the hardest). Next time, I know if I get in there and get to work, I'll be able to do all 4 circuits easily. In between each circuit, we do 5 min on the elliptical. This is a nice break from our arms while still moving. I feel like I got some stares, and I was hesitant to pick up the 15 lbers that are in the other section of the weights... but after I did and was able to rock out those curls, it was totally worth it.

My family is coming over tonight to celebrate my birthday so I have been feverishly cleaning the house for the past 2 days. (This floor mat found on Pinterest totally summarizes my feeling towards cleaning.)


That hasn't left much time for running, especially since we received our first winter's snow fall yesterday! I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow after the family leaves to get in some miles in the winter wonderland, if only to test out some of the new birthday running gear! (I know I've already mentioned this a bunch of times but I'm really excited. I'm sure I will take a bunch of pics and turn this into a runner fashion blog for a day.)

Now, it is time for me to have my afternoon snack before quitting time.
Pink Velvet cupcake from Cupcakes for Courage
Happy Friday folks!

4 comments:

  1. OMG I need that mat!! That is the story of my life!! Plus i love love red velvet cupcakes. Meanwhile you won my pop chips giveaway. I still have your address from the virtual 10K so i will send those to you :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, I hate cleaning. I use my dog as an excuse (even though she doesn't shed) as I don't have kids.

    Woop woop!!! I LOVE me some Pop Chips! I just got an email today that they're coming out with a *sweet potato* flavor?! I cannot wait to try it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for new running gear!! it totally makes birthdays worth while. And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Now thatnim done watching the trials, it's time to head out for a run :)

    ReplyDelete