Thursday, September 24, 2015

20 Weeks, Now & Then

Now
Then

How far along? 20 weeks

Baby’s size/development this week: weighs about 10 1/2 ounces and measures 6 1/2 inches long; about the size of a banana

Maternity clothes: wearing them? Yes. I've been wearing maternity clothes since about the 9th week. With how nauseous I was, it was just so much easier. Plus, maternity clothes are basically like pajamas. They are the best. When people knock maternity clothes, I just don't get it. They are amazing.

Miss anything? I'm sad to miss pumpkin beer season this year. With Patsy, I had her in September so I was still able to enjoy some Pumking before the last keg was empty. I guess I'll just enjoy my PSL and suffer in silence until 2016 season comes around!

Food cravings? Nothing really. I've been craving a lot of ice cream lately and I've tried to curb that craving but I'm thinking a pumpkin pie blizzard is a necessity before the end of the month.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Strong cologne and perfume is especially disgusting.

Sleep: Meh. Sleep has been kind of sporadic. I can no longer sleep comfortably on my back so I've had to sleep on my side. Patsy still makes her way into our bed most nights and she likes to sleep horizontally between us (while also requesting that we "scooch over")

Best moment of the week: I was away for a work trip and I called my MIL to see how Patsy was doing. Patsy answered the phone and said "Hi Mommy!" and we proceeded to have a 2 minute conversation about where she was and what she had done that day. Sometimes having a 2 year old can be exhausting, but most of the time she's the sweetest kid around!

Nursery: The new baby and Patsy will be sharing a room. The new baby will sleep in our room for probably the first 6-12 months so I'm not in a hurry to make any drastic changes to the room at this point. We will probably need to buy Patsy a new bed so we can move the baby to the crib, but... baby steps.

Wedding rings on or off? on

Movement? The flutters and mini kicks come and go throughout the day.

Weird pregnancy thing of the week: My skin is soooo dry. I remember having this problem last time and it has come back with vengeance! Luckily I have some awesome skin cream that really help keep the dryness at bay. Thanks Kiehl's!

Daddy is feeling: excited to start feeling kicks soon.

Mommy is feeling: good and exhausted. It is tiring growing a human and chasing after another!

Workouts this week: I had plans for a barre class but Patsy came down with a nasty virus. I cancelled all plans and snuggles with my little nugget all night until she felt better. Thankfully I was able to reschedule something for this weekend!

Looking forward to: Dad being able to feel the kicks next!

No comments:

Post a Comment