Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reorganizing Priorities... Again

After completing a marathon and multiple half marathons, it is crazy to start back at the beginning. Here I am, training for the Shamrock Shuffle. The race that started it all, so to speak. Now that work is less crazy and the temperatures seem to be slowly but surely increasing, running is becoming a priority again. I've been able to run once a week for the past month or so, but now I want to make it back to my more regular schedule of 2-3 times per week.

Running Selfie with Patsy

It is crazy. After surviving two separate polar vortices (yes, I had to look up the plural form of vortex) ans spring around the corner, you know what that means--more time out in the jogging stroller with Patsy! Something that didn't seem like much of an incline before, now seems like a very steep hill when you're pushing a jogging stroller, plus infant carseat, plus a 14 lb baby! I may not be strength training by lifting weights, but hoisting this baby around has to account for something. :) I'm very excited for spring to be here. The temps will be warmer and Patsy will be big enough to hang out in the stroller without the need of the infant carseat. Everything is coming up Wilson! For the mean time, we will power through these cold days because it will make us appreciate the spring time a little bit more.

8 comments:

  1. Think of how easy the race will feel without pushing the stroller around after pushing it around all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the third polar vortext we're about to dive into! ;) Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie @ Live Half FullFebruary 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM

    I love your attitude!!! I'm about to start running again too- I'm doing the Race to Wrigley which was my first 5k and my current PR. I can't wait to race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle @ Crazy Running LegsFebruary 26, 2014 at 8:32 PM

    I hope it warms up for you guys soon!!


    You are a rockstar with the stroller uphill! I bet it is whipping you into shape more than you realize.


    And you will get back. It took me 9 months - and really I'm still adjusting. It's definitely worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to get back to outdoor running. I really want to make Layla a part of my routine and introduce her to the great outdoors:)

    ReplyDelete