Wow, how far the bump has come (literally)! Now that the second trimester has come to a close, I thought I would share my thoughts. A lot of things happened as far as baby development goes.
- Baby grew from the size of a peach, weighing less than an ounce... to the size of a head of lettuce, weighing 1 2/3 pounds (more weekly progress posts here)
- I got to feel movement for the first time, from flutters to kicks to somersaults to hiccups and everything in-between
- I no longer fit into regular pants, even when using the belly band or other "tricks" and most of my old t-shirts are too short (leaving the bottom half of the belly exposed-yikes)
- We got our 20 week ultrasound letting us know that Baby is developing just fine and dandy in the uterus!
- We celebrated both Mother's Day and Father's Day as parents-to-be
- I started the second trimester running a few days a week, but that has since stopped (and I'm okay with that!)
All in all, it was a great 13 weeks! I'm ready now for the final stretch! What do I have to look forward to, other than my ever expanding belly? Only time will tell! My weekly progress posts will still be going up along with a few other random things I have in store. :)
This might be a little graphic for some, but here are some CGI videos that I found to be quite amazing on the fetal development during this period. Seriously, so much happens... and all I have to do is take my vitamins and not drink booze. It just happens on its own. CRAZY!! (weeks 15-20, weeks 21-27)