Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baby Wilson: 35 Weeks



How far along? 35 weeks
Baby’s size/development this week: weighs about 5 1/4 pounds and measures over 18 inches long; about the size of a honeydew melon
Maternity clothes: wearing them? Yes. Some of the clothes are starting to get snug and are not fitting me so well anymore. Thankfully I’m getting closer to the end every day! :)
Miss anything? Yuengling Lager (was super jealous eyeing the hubs on his trip with his friends as they were having some cans)
Food cravings? None
Anything making you queasy or sick? I nearly gagged on my way to work yesterday getting a whiff of someone’s cologne/aftershave. The smell was piercing my nostrils and I had to stop walking because I thought for a minute that I might be sick. I think the nose is back into “super scent” mode as other scents have been kind of overpowering lately.
Sleep: As mentioned before, sleeping through the night is now a thing of the past. Sometimes I wake up multiple times; sometimes I only wake up once. The night sweats are still happening so that is always fun. Last night I barely slept after I woke up because I couldn't feel the baby moving. (He/she usually always moves when I lay back down after getting up in the night.) However, Baby has been moving around this morning just fine, so I know that I was just being crazy/neurotic.
Best moment of the week: Our second baby shower! We got so many generous gifts and I just feel so overwhelmed with love for this baby!
Nursery: Not much progress this week. We still have a lot to do to get the nursery ready. Hopefully this baby doesn't come early!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Movement? Lots of big kicks that physically move my stomach. It kind of creeps the hubs out. I tell him to try and imagine what it is like for me! Lol
Weird pregnancy thing of the week: I've been feeling a little overly emotional this past week. When I went to make my husband a sandwich for his lunch and realized the bread I had JUST bought the day before was expired and already moldy, I started crying. Then, last night, it was like a sudden realization that we’re having a baby. Like a real, tiny human. I got this overwhelming feeling of change and emotion and started crying again. Blame it on the hormones.
Daddy is feeling: Excited for the baby to come.
Mommy is feeling: happy and almost ready
Workouts this week: Lots of walking—the same as pretty much any other week.
Looking forward to: Birthing class is this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Should be interesting!

14 comments:

  1. Awww, look at you with that stroller! and you know, having a baby IS a huge change. It's definitely no wonder you're feeling emotional about that!


    It so happens I'll be in Ohio where I can buy Yuengling (why hasn't it made it to IL yet??) on your due date - is beer an appropriate baby gift? Not that I haven't done it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Yuengling is totally an appropriate baby gift!!!!!! I was actually upset that the hubs didn't bring any home for me from his trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Why didn't he bring his very pregnant wife some beer? :) But I'll see what I can do next month - I usually bring home a trunk load of beer with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANNA PAT THE BELLY. in a totally non creepy way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, thanks! Perhaps next week I'll do a super close up of the belly so you (and others) can pat the screen and pretend. Or would that be weird?? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - did you read Emily's post this week? She was talking about being overly emotional too. Seems totally natural! Too funny about the bread. That happened to me at the beginning of July and I was really disappointed too.


    One more month. This is craziness! I am excited to hear about the birthing class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I haven't read her post yet but being overly emotional kind of goes with the "pregnancy" territory. :) Chris has been getting his sandwiches on tortillas instead of bread this week. Hope he likes wraps! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look SO amazing! I cannot believe you are so close to the end. Best of luck with your class this weekend. Our Labor and Delivery class made me cry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so adorable! I would cry at every single slightly sad thing my whole pregnancy (and a few months afterwards!). It's definitely the hormones! And add in the lack of sleep. That's an emotional mix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, so then what is my excuse for crying at like every episode of Project Runway that I watched On Demand this weekend? I blame the fact that they moved it to Lifetime, so clearly they are editing it to bring on the tears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much! Some of the stuff in the class did make me tear up a bit. The videos they showed us were like 20 years old so some of it made us crack up. The countdown is is only 26 days until my due date! Holy Crap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Yes, the lack of sleep is getting to me by now. My husband is like "You need a day to sleep in and relax." He doesn't realize that I can't really sleep, let alone sleep in. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha. Oh since they moved Project Runway to Lifetime it is totally all about the story versus the designs themselves. I read a whole blog about it that sometimes it seems the winners or finalists are picked based on who has the most dramatic backstory. I haven't watched for the last few seasons, but I totally know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete