Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby Wilson: 34 weeks

The hubs is out of town this week.
Don't mind the bathroom selfie.

How far along? 34 weeks
Baby’s size/development this week: weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and measures almost 18 inches long; about the size of a cantaloupe
Maternity clothes: wearing them? Yes. I probably won't buy anything else this pregnancy. I've been set for a little while now. Time to coast through to the end!
Miss anything? Sleeping through the night
Food cravings? None
Anything making you queasy or sick? Cigarettes are the worst culprit, still.
Sleep: This has been kind of random. I'm still getting the night sweats but not every night. I now wake up at random times for random reasons. Whether it is just my brain going into overdrive, worried I’ll miss my alarm, or I have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I only wake up once in the night. Other times I wake up multiple times.
Best moment of the week: The hubs finished painting the nursery! Time to get things rolling!
Nursery: The walls are painted and so is the closet. I put together a bookshelf over the weekend. We have some furniture that is in the middle of being painted right now, so once that is done we can do more arranging. We are more than halfway there!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Movement? Lots of nice big rolls and kicks. I never used to feel the baby move when I was walking until now. Also, the rib kicks have started. Those are really fun, let me tell you!
Weird pregnancy thing of the week: The small strip between my chest and the bump is pretty much numb. There are some sharp stings that I feel at different times throughout the day. I've asked my doctor about this and it is totally normal. The baby is just on some nerves. Doesn't make it feel any less weird…
Daddy is feeling: carefree. (He’s on his dad-cation with his friends right now.)
Mommy is feeling: a little more ready each day.
Workouts this week: Lots of walking. I did go for a boat ride with my cousin and her husband last week. As water skiing while pregnant is not recommended, I was just the spotter. We swam around at the sandbar for a little while which was fun. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the relaxing time!
Looking forward to: Our second baby shower this weekend! I can’t believe the baby will be here so soon! It really is exciting stuff! :)

12 comments:

  1. Amanda - TooTallFritzAugust 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM

    You probably won't be sleeping as much anymore. Your body is trying to get you ready for the baby, and "possibly" missing a bit of sleep once the wee ones arrives. No worries, totally normal. Hang tight, you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what I've heard. The closer to the end you get, the less you sleep. All nature's way to prepare you for Baby's arrival. I'm happy to have gotten the chance to sleep as much as I was earlier in the pregnancy.


    Thanks! I can't believe how close we are getting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First- you look so fantastic!

    Those rib kicks sound intense. You are sooooo close!! Time is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!


    It is crazy to think how fast time is flying by! It seems like just yesterday I made the announcement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle @ Crazy Running LegsAugust 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM

    You look so cute! Yay for 34 weeks. Crazy that you are almost full term.


    I feel really lucky that I never felt rib pain - especially because I have such a short torso.


    Sleep can definitely be hard at the end. My biggest issue was figuring out how to drink enough water, but not TOO much water because I would spend the entire night peeing. Once I figured it out I was only up once or twice and actually felt rested the week leading up to E's birth. Of course, you can't stock up on sleep. If only that were possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I can't believe 34 weeks have gone by! Full term is right around the bend! I feel a little more ready each day. :)


    I also have a short torso so I was afraid this might become an issue. I think the numbness I've talked about has lessened the impact of the kicks slightly. Still makes for every day to be interesting.


    If only we could stock up on sleep! That would be nice. I have a feeling my days of sleeping through the night are over for quite some time now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie @ Live Half FullAugust 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM

    You're looking more and more adorable by the day!


    And your cell phone case matches your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for shower #2! I expect pictures again! And! You owe me nursery pics :)


    Last week at the tri I noticed a lot of people smoking and the smell just made me sick. Um. I am not pregnant, just felt like sharing, since you said it's bugging you too. LOL. Also: why are people smoking at an athletic event?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Yes, green is one of my favorite colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I've taken lots of "during" photos. I intend to do a panoramic photo or a vlog once things are complete. :)


    I also don't understand why people would be smoking at an athletic event. Maybe it is because I've never been a smoker so I don't get it, but I think lots of smokers are selfish. It's like, no one wants to inhale your second hand smoke. It isn't my problem you decided this is what you want to do. Go far away from here so we don't all have to deal with it. Maybe that is too rude? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh you are so cute! Love your top too.

    ReplyDelete