The person that was assigned my name was Melissa and she lives in Connecticut. I've never actually been to Connecticut before so I was looking forward to experiencing some food from different parts of the US! She listened to my weird pregnancy restrictions and wishes and what she delivered was fantastic!
The contents included:
- Ranch seasoning from a local spice shop. I've already used this seasoning on vegetables and it is quite outstanding. It would probably also be good mixed with some sour cream or greek yogurt as a veggie dip. With the fresh cucumbers we have in our garden, I just might have to experiment!
- Local honey. I haven't tried this yet but I'm sure it will be amazing!
- Lemon Lime and Sarsaparilla flavored soda from a local old-time soda shop. I love that she included caffeine free options for this pregnant mama! The Lemon Lime tasted like an unfrozen freeze pop. It made me feel like I was in a diner in a movie. The husband and I enjoyed the Sarsaparilla soda last night. It tasted very similar to root beer and was a nice after dinner dessert. :)
- Tomato-basil jam. We haven't tried this yet but I imagine it would be delicious on toast with an egg breakfast. Maybe we'll open it up this weekend?
- A lovely hand-written card explaining it all!
With the massive heat wave we had last week, I was excited that all of the contents arrived safely and nothing melted. I had so much fun participating in this blog program and I hope to do it again soon! Have you participated in a program like this before? Would you consider doing so, if you haven't yet?