Friday, July 20, 2012

An Officer and a Triathlete

Is anyone here a fan of the Bachelor? Do you remember season 10-- "Officer and a Gentleman" starring Dr. Andy Baldwin, physician and U.S. Naval officer? In case you don't remember, maybe this photo will jog your memory?

Dr. Andy Baldwin (let's just call him Andy) will be running the Rock N Roll Chicago Half Marathon this weekend (aka my goal race). The folks at Team Refuel asked me if I wanted to interview him. After doing a little bit of research, I found out that in addition to being on the Bachelor, he's an accomplished triathlete (8 Ironman's under his belt) and does a lot of humanitarian work across the globe.
Andy with Bart Yasso at the NYC Marathon 2011
Source

 I want to find out more about him so of course I said yes!
Andy at the RNR USA expo with Team Refuel Source
If you have any questions you want me to ask Andy, let me know! I'm going to be interviewing him after the race this Sunday (we'll both be extra sweaty) so feel free to send me any questions today or tomorrow. :) If you'd like to learn more about Andy before deciding on your questions, you can check out his website here and his Wikipedia page here


And don't forget... if you haven't yet, don't forget to checkout my Oiselle London Calling Tee giveaway! Entries accepted through Monday, July 23rd!

3 comments:

  1. Andy Baldwin is a Lion clubs member and I'd love to know more about the kind of service he's involved with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I know he is involved with a lot of programs, specifically targeting childhood obesity (Let's Move, ING Kids Rock) here in the U.S. I plan on asking some questions about these programs as well as some others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! He does sound like a very interesting guy. Hopefully I'll see you down there.

    ReplyDelete