Sunday, January 15, 2012

Running with the Dog and an Empty Veggie Tray

My family stayed over on Friday night and we had a fun night in. I didn't get any running gear, but I did get a sweet Hunger Games shirt that I can't wait to wear to the movie! We just hung around, had some beers, and ate some pizza.

Saturday my running group was getting together for an early morning run but my family didn't leave until later so I wasn't able to go. However, they did leave in time for me to sit and watch the marathon Olympic Trials!!! It was such a great race for both the men and women. I can't wait for London when we'll have one of the strongest Olympic Marathon teams ever! What was your favorite part of the Olympic Trials? My part was when my top 3 fav females crossed the finish line first and qualified!

Even though I missed my early morning run, I headed out after the trials were over. I went for a 4.5 mile run with the pup in a total of 39:18 (8:41 pace).

The dog was a complete and total spaz for most of the run. None of the sidewalks were plowed so we had to run part of the way in the street and she kept stopping in front of me. I was so worried that she was going to get hit by a car!! I now know to take a different route until the snow melts! I was so worried about here, there was tons of stopping and everything else. It made for a very exhausting run, but I was happy to get out there and do it!

After the run, I was pretty hungry. I guess I didn't realize how truly hungry I was until I decided to snack on the unopened veggie tray leftover from the family party.
Yes, I ate all of that myself. Apparently broccoli (the empty slot), tomatoes, and carrots are my preferred vegetables. I do not like those snap peas, they are gross.

I recently received my Five Bamboo yoga pants in the mail that I won for the virtual Christmas Eve 10k. I'm wearing them right now and they are super comfy and it feels like I'm wearing nothing. I will do more of a full product review later, after I have them nice and worn in... and after I get a chance to use the rowing machine while wearing them.

I ran a 5k earlier today, and am still working towards that 22:xx goal! I won 2nd for my age group, and will have a full race recap tomorrow. It is now time for me to finish watching this Lifetime movie that I got sucked into. I keep seeing previews for the Drew Peterson special and Rob Lowe looks super creepy (No worries folks, it is already set to record on DVR).

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your AG award today!

    It's so bizarre when it snows and you have to really pay attention to where you run - what is clear and what isn't... I don't mind the snow but all that stresses me out! Hope your next run with your pup is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It made things much more interesting and harder... Made the 5k today without the dog seem like a breeze! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pup is the cutest ever and I would LOVE to run and 22min 5k :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks! I never thought a 22min 5k was within my grasp until I crossed the finish line in 23:04... Now it is one of my goals for 2012! Hopefully it can be achieved!! :)

    ReplyDelete