Saturday, December 10, 2011

Winter Temperatures are Here

Last night I had my work holiday party after work. My husband came and met us and we had a really fun time. I had every intention of running with the Frankfort New Lenox Running Club today but when I got home after a few drinks, Saturday morning came a little too quickly. I didn't end up running today but our group is meeting tomorrow so I'm going to make it out for 8 miles then.

Instead of running, I baked a batch of red velvet cupcakes from a Paula Deen recipe (found here). I only used 1 tbsp of red food coloring instead of 2 and they turned out alright!

pre-mixed

Looking like ketchup cups


Cooling

Finished
My only concern is that I wasn't as liberal with the frosting as I could have been. I'm bringing them to a friend's Christmas party so I might just bring the extra frosting... just in case! Although it isn't that type of party, I fully plan on wearing an ugly Christmas sweater from my growing collection. I always have so much fun wearing them, I can't imagine why not. What is your favorite item to wear to a holiday party?

No comments:

Post a Comment