Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wednesday Traveling

Tuesday was a crazy day at the office so I was happy to get home and unwind. I made another dinner idea from Pinterest (recipe here) and finished up an episode of Rizzoli and Isles before it was time for my run. When my husband got home from the gym, he told me that he ran 1.5 miles today. Considering he hasn't run a mile in about 6 years, I was pretty excited with this news. He and a friend went to the gym and his friend suggested they hit the treadmill after lifting weights. They did about a mile together but my husband kept going. I was proud of him for giving it a try. This gives me encouragement that he will actually complete the Warrior Dash this summer!

Another bit of good news came my way when I received an email from Run for Pi(e) that I won her Fuel Belt raffle! Of the three items, I received the R20 Revenge® 2-bottle belt! I told my husband this and he looked disappointed. He told me that he had to go return one of my Christmas gifts--apparently he bought me one. I'm happy he continues to embrace my runnerdiness.

At this point my stomach was settled and it was time for my run (note, it was 9pm). In traditional Tuesday fashion, I did some speed work. I have a 5k this weekend so I kept the distance lower. I did 400m reps, 1 jog and 1 sprint, for a total of 2 miles with average splits of about 8:30. It was drizzling but I was too lazy to go "all the way" to the gym so I decided to run outside-which definitely made things more interesting. My Nike Cyclone rain jacket kept the top of me dry, but my face was a different story. I felt good during the workout and felt the last 400m was my fastest. I'll have to check my watch when I get home to see if I'm right. When I was done and looked in the mirror and had mascara streaks all down my face. Thankfully I has no where else to go except for bed.

Yesterday I took a day trip to Memphis for work. I literally had the best BBQ sauce in the entire world at the Commisary. I don't like BBQ sauce normally, but I'm going to have dreams about this sauce. If you're ever in the area, I highly, highly suggest it. I went the traditional route and got pulled pork and french fries. (I determined it was one of those "when in Rome" kind of situations.) It is always hard to eat right while traveling so in going to try to take some pictures of what I eat the next time I travel. I think it will help force me to eat healthier if I'm showing the world what I'm eating! Accountability is always a great way to make positive changes. I'm also thinking about participating in the What I Ate Wednesday sensation on the Peas and Crayons blog. I find it much more difficult to eat green things (not including green frosted things) in the winter when I will sometimes go days without seeing the sun. Thanks office job!
Sam Adams Winter Lager
My flight home was delayed by almost 2 hours so I am definitely exhausted. Thankfully we were able to squeeze in a beer before the entire Memphis airport shut down (at 7pm). I have a lot of blog reading to check up on!

Also, special thanks to Skinny Runner for posting my horrible running pictures!

I sent out our Christmas cards last week and I thought it would be fun to show you what we picked. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

9 comments:

  1. I'll never understand why airports close things so early!

    And why does my ID show up here like this instead of the normal way when you can click on my name and get directed to my page! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Memphis is a pretty small airport so I can kind of understand.

    I wanted to be able to reply to comments specifically so I set things up through Disqus. You can go to their website and create an account. Then, when you reply to other blogs that also use the Disqus feature, your information carries over. (Maggie's Blog Run for Pi(e) uses the same function.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha! Didn't know about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (this is Amanda), no it didn't. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can link up previous comments, change your display, etc.. I don't remember how I did it though...

    ReplyDelete