Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Row... Row... Row

Last night I did some cross training and used the rowing machine we have in our basement. This is the only piece of exercise equipment we have, and we inherited it from a relative. If I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go all the way to the gym for some cross training, I hop on this thing and watch an episode of Boardwalk Empire or Sex and the City. I'm still 3 or 4 episodes behind on Boardwalk Empire, but I'm catching up! I keep the resistance thing in the middle because I can't seem to determine what is easy and what is hard. The middle seems to work out just fine! I do this for an hour and it is a good workout for my shoulders and back. (P.S. don't mind our messy basement in the background) 

This weekend I'm participating in a local 5k race, the Matteson Dash into the New Year. I haven't really talked about it much because I was so focused on the Frigid 5k and then Christmas happened. This is an inaugural race so it should be interesting. The course isn't posted on the website yet and the age groups are in sections of 10. A few of my friends and new blogger friends (RFP and TTF) are also doing it. I'm hoping it will be a fun race, if only for the company! I'll be typing up a full race recap afterwards.

Since I plan on running an actual 5k on New Years Eve anyways, I also found a virtual 5k from Daily Vitamin F that I plan on completing in hopes of winning some prizes! I did 2 virtual races for Christmas and they were a lot of fun. If you also plan on running a 5k, or would like an excuse to do one on New Years Eve, feel free to check it out! It is really simple to sign up, considering there is no signup at all! You don't have to have a blog to enter, you just print out the bib and post a photo of you with it. Easy peasy! What are your plans for New Years Eve? Are you running a race too?

I'm hoping to work from home today, and for the rest of the week and I'm pretty excited about it. We'll see how things go!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could work from home! Enjoy!

    Well, I'm supposed to do my 6 mile long run Saturday. I'm actually a little bit nervous. Good luck with your 5k! I thought about doing that one but decuded against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know if you want to meet up sometime for some of the mid week runs. I'd be happy to chug along for some of these 3 or 4 mile runs either in the loop after work or in the neighborhood. I'm excited for spring already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you consider that messy, you don't want to see my basement (and it was just cleaned. LOL). Best of luck at your 5k! You will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get water in our basement sometimes so we try to keep it relatively cleanish but it still messy all the time. Haha.

    Thanks Jodi! I'll post a full report afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could inherit a treadmill from a relative. ;)
    Have fun on your 5K!

    No race for me. Just partying in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wish I could inherit a treadmill too. That would be AMAZING!!! Perhaps some day... I fully plan on partying it up Saturday night. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm hoping to break into 22 minute territory... We'll see!

    ReplyDelete