Monday, December 5, 2011

More Summer Races

 I received an email this morning that totally made my day. Registration has now opened for the Warrior Dash in Illinois. This is a super fun race that my friend Kate and I did this past year. It is a 3 mile obstacle course complete with walls to climb over, cars to jump on, barbed wire to crawl under, fire to hop over (action shot under "previous races" link), and a giant mud pit. (See video on the website for proof.) THIS is the race that we've been trying to convince our significant others to do. My husband is not a runner, despite me trying to convince him. We are hoping that the competitive spirit amongst the guys will be enough to get them out there, in the mud, and at the starting line. The race will be the weekend of June 16/17 and thankfully we don't have any weddings scheduled that weekend. You signup for the race for a specific date and time, so we're going to hold off registering until we have a better idea of what all our other friends are doing. This wave start definitely helps with congestion along the course route. But this is a race we WILL be doing in 2012. It was so much fun, and I really can't wait. When going through my closet, I found a pair of old running shoes I was ready to donate to Goodwill. Then I thought to myself "Wait! Warrior Dash shoes!" All muddy kicks after the race are donated and re-purposed. This isn't really a race you can do for time, however I do have a starting point for improvement. :)

4 comments:

  1. I did the Warrior Dash and had a good time! If I do it again, I'm going to run the course multiple times. I found out that you can do that after I was already washed off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't know you could do that... Will definitely think about that for next year! What a fun race...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I posted and it's not on here. lol. I just said...

    I can't wait to do this run this year. I've wanted to do it for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Not sure what wave and day I'm doing yet. We did Sunday last year and that worked out nicely. TBD!

    ReplyDelete