Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Friday

Yesterday I had every intention of running 2-3 miles. But then I went grocery shopping and was sucked into Super Target. I was there for over 2 hours and spent $250. We so desperately needed groceries so it wasn't the worst thing in the world. I got home around 9:30 and thought I deserved a rest after the exhausting super market. I indulged in a few things that I would have eaten when I was 10.
They also offered a low fat Pop Tart, but I just knew it wasn't going to taste as good as I remembered. I mean, if I'm buying Pop Tarts, I don't want some lame excuse for them. I would just eat toast with jam if I wanted a "healthier" option. I ate my Pop Tart on my way to work today and it was just as wonderful as I imagined. It totally hit the spot and curbed the craving. I'm excited for my whole wheat Uncrustable for lunch! Hmm, maybe I will have some vegetables with dinner. I hate that produce prices skyrocket in the winter. How am I supposed to be healthy with it being so expensive?!

Also, I've decided to not run a half marathon in January. I just know myself and know I'm going to try and push too hard and I really, really want to focus on the half marathon I plan on completing in May (Southwest Half Marathon). This is the time to get my strong base, strong core, and work on my cardio. While talking about said half marathon enough times, I just officially signed up! Registration goes up $10 on December 31. I'll be signing up for the Shamrock Shuffle around then so it is best to get this done now! Also, I found out I got a $6 discount for being a member of our local running group. Talk about a win-win!

4 comments:

  1. No Mac & Cheese truck anymore on Fridays for lunch? lol. Uncrustables Kelly? lol

    I wish I could do that half but since it's the weekend after the marathon I want to do, there is no way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go from mac and cheese to Uncrustables. I really do have the eating habits of a 10 year old. My husband scolds me when we go out to dinner and I order grilled cheese. (This has happened more than once.)

    I'm excited to go and witness another marathon. It is always such a wonderful experience! Running part of the marathon with you will be a perfect pre-half marathon run! I'm excited for spring and it isn't even officially winter yet. Ruh-roh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those pumpkin pie pop tarts still available? I saw some the last time I was at the store and really wanted to buy them but Smart Maggie said no (she is a buzz kill). I haven't eaten pop tarts since probably college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I did still see some pumpkin pie flavors left at Target. They are having a deal right now with the purchase of 3 specific brands of Kellogg's cereal (Corn Pops, Frosted Mini Wheats, Apple Jacks), you receive a free box of Pop Tarts. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete