Thursday, December 29, 2011

Early Wednesday Evening

Yesterday I worked from home and was able to multi-task while also doing things around the house. I'm really hating the "Outlook" app that defaults in the internet browser. I can't seem to get anything done! I might have to go into the office a bit tomorrow to update my time card since I can't do it from home. :(

Since I was around, I was able to meet up with FNRC for their weekly Wednesday run at 5pm. Since Pepper was bored, she came too! (Photo credit: Maggie at Run for Pi(e))
From Left to Right: Megan, Jeni, me, Pepper, and Maggie
We finished 4.0 miles in 38:33 with an average pace of 9:38. That includes stop for traffic and the turnaround. I tried out my homemade ponytail hat (crafty idea courtesy of RFP) and it worked out perfectly. I felt good (no ankle issues) and the dog did a really good job!! She didn't start off super fast like usual so it was a lot easier to keep a steady pace. She even had on her blinking light too! I also got to see how the infamous Knuckle Lights operate and I must say that I was impressed. However, I'm not sure how they would work if I am also holding a leash.

After the run, I went to the movies and saw New Years Eve. It was cute but kind of  celebrity overload. There were so many different storylines going on, I wasn't really a fan. However, I now want to see Valentine's Day just because. :) The hardest I laughed at the whole movie was at the Muppets reminder to turn off your cell phone. I was literally laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. My 2 SILs weren't as amused as I was.



As I previously mentioned, I participated in a few virtual races on Christmas Eve (a 10k and 5k). I didn't win a prize for the 5k, HOWEVER.... I did win a prize for the 10k! Steph at Run for Fun worked with a few other bloggers to put on this race. The prizes were donated and I ended up winning best dressed (tied with another runner) for this ensemble.
I'm sure you're wondering "Kelly! Where did you find such a fantastic outfit?? That sweater is amazing!" My response is simple. I always like to stay up-to-date with the latest fashions. That is why I always pick up the finest Christmas attire at the thrift store.

The prize is a pair of Five Bamboo Cropped Leggings. I've never tried their products before so I will be sure to post a review once I've given them a good workout. I'm so excited! What types of blogger giveaways have you won?

4 comments:

  1. Sassy sweater vest!

    Have you ever seen Love Actually? It's sort of the original when it comes to movies like Valentine's Day and New Years Eve. Granted, I haven't seen NYE, but V-Day was not nearly as good as Love Actually. It's in my top 5. Go rent it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think very few movies are as good as Love Actually, I agree. It is amazing in so many different ways!!! It is hard to decide which story line is my favorite. One viewing it is the little boy and Liam Neeson, another viewing it is Hugh Grant and his assistant! Speaking of, I think I need to watch this movie tomorrow since I haven't seen it yet this holiday season. Thanks for the suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maggie! She is a really good motivator and great running buddy. She doesn't look at me weird when I sing out loud to my iPod, she doesn't notice hills, and she turns back to check on me every once in awhile too. :) I hope to bring her out more during this winter running season!

    ReplyDelete