Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Case of the Mondays

Yesterday I decided to take a rest day. My husband and I spent the night sitting on the couch, sharing a Red Baron pizza, watching Aladdin. I can't think of a more perfect evening, to be honest.

Since I've been posting a few recipes lately, I'll leave you with another one instead of a normal blog post. I absolutely love pot pies. They are my favorite thing in the whole world. A few weeks back I found a recipe online for pot pie pockets. On Sunday night, I whipped up these bad boys in less than a half hour (prep and baking). All you need is some crescent rolls (I keep several tubes of the seamless stuff on hand), can of vegetables, can of cream of mushroom soup, and meat. Since the husband is a vegetarian, I cooked up 2 fake chicken breasts to cut up and include as well. I spread out the dough and fill up the pockets until they can barely close (as opposed to following the specific portions on the recipe card). They baked for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Mine wasn't hot enough (I like my food scolding), but my husband thought the temperature was perfect.

Either way, this is a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey and whip up if you're short on time. What's your favorite quick and easy recipe?

ALSO, if you're bored and looking for a laugh, send a call from Santa to all of your friends! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Amanda! Joe wanted to make sure we got this shot for the website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww man...I forgot Aladdin was on I wanted to DVR it! Pot pie pockets sound interesing will have to try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney is always tricky that way with their "vault" of classics. When I want to buy a DVD I can never find it! It brought back some fond memories while watching it. I was surprised I still knew all the words to "prince ali fabulous he..."

    The pot pie pockets are SO easy and the ingredients can be stored for awhile before you need them. (Always a plus)

    ReplyDelete