Friday, November 18, 2011

More Than a Turkey Trot

Our marathon pace leader sent me a note on FB asking me or Amanda if we wanted to run the Schaumburg half marathon on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The smart, sensible side of me says that I am not ready for a half marathon. I haven't run more 6 miles in about 3 weeks. I have been focused more on speed training than distance lately and the attached 5k sounds like a much better option. Also, I have many other things to spend $55 on, other than another race. However, the crazy side of me thinks that if I run 8 miles this weekend instead of 6, and see how I feel, maybe it's possible? I wouldn't mind another medal or another challenge. I'm going to talk it over with our pacer this weekend. We'll see how things go...



Yesterday work was too busy for me to fit in my PT exercises so I just did them when I got home. Last night we took a family photo with the dog, and I'm really happy with how they turned out. I'll try to post a pic after they've been sent out in the mail. I want it to be a surprise!

When I step out into the cold air these past few days, my first thought is "wow, what great running weather." I don't think that's normal, but its okay because I'm not alone. I choose to run in the cold versus the heat any day. My fastest Shamrock Shuffle time was when it was feverishly snowing. Excited to get running in the sunlight this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Haha this reminds me of your comment on my post about spending money on running vs. anything else. $55 for a race? Sure. For clothes? What am I, a millionaire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, exactly! $55 for a half marathon seems like a great deal. $55 for a sweater from Express seems like a giant rip off. Oh the delusions of us runners...

    ReplyDelete